Gallery

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quilting in the snow



Well, it is finally acting like winter. We had a small dusting of snow on Thursday, and it has been snowing lightly for a few hours this morning. Town is very quiet, and it is peaceful. I do hope that the guy who is supposed to be shovelling shows up soon though. I have been in poor shape all week and I don't want to do it myself. This is exactly the kind of weather that makes me want to make hot chocolate or cider and hand quilt all day. Perhaps after I finish the work I have to do I can work on the Quilted Mediation piece. I finished the outlines earlier this morning while I was having coffee and I am liking the design. It is quilted with a brown thread, on a light lavender color fabric. I will now begin adding other colors, with dense fillers by hand in selected areas. Combining the idea of thread painting and the sculpting effects of hand quilting on a semi puffy batting. I really want to work on this now, instead of the other things I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment