Gallery

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Moving a bit faster now

I finished the Buggin Out quilt top last night. It looks good, and I'm trying to decide on a border fabric. When I brought it to the shoppe and laid it out on the tables, it looks really small and I'd like to make it bigger. It is amazing how some bright color and a good accomplishment can help the mental state. I am finding it easier to keep positive today. Hubby is still sick, still don't know what is wrong with the car, but I am feeling better.

The discussion on the Quilt art list has turned to word of the year. I know it sounds a bit conceited, but I think that my word this year is SELF. I need to work on my personal vision, connecting with my higher self, and branding myself ( in the marketing sense, not with a hot poker ) I have struggled with creative block, low energy, and frustration alot over the last year and this year, I will not let others pull me down. I will value those things I do for myself, including yoga and meditation, studio time, playing guitar, and learning to say no to things I don't need to do. I had been thinking this for a few days, and today I got a free numerology reading that stated that 2012 is a personal year numbered one for me. This means a concentration on one's self and new beginnings will be fruitful for me this year. Not that I follow these kinds of things slavishly, however this coincidence seemed to be the universe telling me something. So 2012 is the year of Diana. Watch out, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment