Gallery

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Guild last night

Pushed myself to go to guild last night. Happily I was not the driver. About half way through the lecture - which was really good, the dayquill gave out. I am in poor shape today. I have been doing boring paper work most of the day, and have hit the wall. I probably should be working on the quilt I basted yesterday, but I want to use a decorative stitch that is only on the machine I have at home, so that will have to wait. My head is not clear enough to work on too much right now, so I will ramble on here for a few more minutes and hope that my most recent shot of caffeine kicks in.

I have been thinking about my work, not the class samples, but the Artwork. I do have a few things that I can say consistently, I like wonky or free form style piecing, I love the texture provided by hand stitching, and I like the dimension created by quilting with a puffy batting. Thematically, nature serves as my inspiration, specifically, the little things, bugs, plants, critters, and the more unusual the better. It does feel like things are starting to have a more consistent feel. However, the usual trouble is getting time to make more. My resolve to spend time every day in the studio has been shot to H**l this week as I just barely make it through the work day. I have been mostly able to hand quilt a bit each day though. Even if it is only during commercial breaks in the show on the TV, it is still something.

No comments:

Post a Comment