Gallery

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hand Quilting to the Rescue

I was feeling awful this weekend. The "bit of a cold" I had when I posted last turned into a full blown mess over the weekend. I overdosed on liquids, including home made chicken soup, tea with honey and lemon, and grapefruit juice. Between the caffeine in the tea and the amount of liquids, I slept poorly. I couldn't trust myself to do the cutting on the next quilt I am working on, but I could work on the hand quilting sample for the Quilted Mediation project that will be put on the shoppe schedule in February. As I worked to cleanse myself of the blasted germs, I twice fell asleep on that piece. But with hand quilting, as long as you don't poke yourself with the needle it is rarely a problem.

At any rate, I am feeling much better. I care not if it was the tea, or if it was the Quilting, but I did get alot done, and I like the after effects of the quilting much more than the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment