Gallery

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Studio Time

I refuse to take part in the blatant consumerism that is Black Friday. I am not a shopper even on the best of days, and I just can't condone that kind of behavior. So I spent yesterday in my studio.

I have had a silkscreen ready to go with a freezer paper stencil for months. Silk screening ( or any series of printmaking ) in my sewing studio requires me to unclutter and clear my cutting table. The cutting table doubles as a printing table, but clearing it enough to get the print surface laid out is a rare event. Anyway, having not silk screened since college I wasn't sure how it would go, but it worked out and although I don't think any of the prints were perfect, I am going to over dye them anyway so perfection was not really a priority. I have about a dozen images of dancing jellyfish that are ready to be worked into more. I am thinking that a low water immersion or possibly shibori type process should be next in Indigo kinds of colors. We shall see, I have website work to get done today and I am not sure how long that will take. I will see if I can get a photo of my dancers up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment