Gallery

Friday, November 11, 2011

Scary!!!

So today I have a brace on my stitching hand. I have been doing a great deal of hand embroidery lately to finish the hand work on Beautiful Valley, and unfortunately, with other stresses in life, it seems I have been aflicted with some kind of stiffness in my hand/wrist. I hope that some gentle support and rest will restore it. However, the prospect of not being able to stitch is scary. I can work at a machine, and typing does not seem to affect it, only when the tendons are stretching do I feel it. I hope it goes away soon.

Having said that, I guess I wont be doing the hand embroidery on the Art Challenge Piece for guild. Baste and machine quilt is going to be the thing. The theme is Positive and Negative. I used a paper punch to get a bunch of spider shapes, and holes the same shape, then used them to sun print on white fabric. Wasn't quite as clear as I had hoped, but I can work with it. I had wanted to use soem metallic threads to put in a web after the other work was done, but now I'll have to do it by machine. Wont have the same dimension, but I guess it will be ok. Have to have this done for Wednesday's meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment