Gallery

Thursday, June 2, 2011

QN and Time

Well, there are now pictures online of the quilt national '11 quilts -at least the award winners. Once again it was my goal just to get an entry done in time ( which I didn't), can't imagine how excited the award winners must be. The Dairy Barn website has all the info on this years show. Unfortunately, it is not yet touring anywhere near me geographically, so I will have to be content to search online for photos until I can get a copy of the catalog. And maybe for 2013 I will make the deadline with a piece I think is good enough.

I have been thinking about time and creativity alot lately. Time is a resource we cannot get back, that spends no matter what we do with it. If we do nothing, time passes, if we schedule so much in our day that we can't find time to sleep or eat, time passes. Like any non-renewable resource, we should keep our eyes on the big picture when portioning it out. And what is worse is that for many women, time for creative activities is low on the priority list. Much of my sewing time is centered on class samples and other shop related needs. Portioning off time for working on an entry for a show gets pushed down lower on my list on a regular basis. I have at least ten projects in various stages that need to be worked on before I get thinking about a QN entry. Of course I do have some time before the deadline for the next one in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment