Gallery

Saturday, May 21, 2011

And so it begins.

I began the free motion on my sister's wedding quilt last evening. It is going OK, but I cut out a bunch of the border motif from the Golden Threads paper, to pin down and quilt around and didn't realize how much they would blend in with the color of the border fabric. Transparent Yellow on Sand, after dark. I had traced the top one and cut out a stack at a time so many of them didn't have any drawn lines. They were really hard to follow, so for the rest I will have to trace them individually. Even if the paper blends in, the lines will show up. I think I will also need to make more than I originally thought. They look really good on the wool batting, the motifs stand out very nicely. I still may hand quilt the center motif if I have the time. It will be easier on me physically than trying to get to the center of this large piece on my standard home machine.

Her bridal shower is tomorrow. I know that she knows I am making a quilt for them, but she will get her first glimpses of the colors and fabrics. I hope she likes it, it is way too late to change it now. I will also go very well in the newly painted guest room if she doesn't want to let her dogs Who sleep on the bed, jump on it. I hope she knows that I won't be insulted if it goes in the guest room.

No comments:

Post a Comment