Gallery

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spiders, snakes and sewing machines

This past Sunday, the family and I went to the Hudson Valley Reptile Show. Hubby was on the lookout for suppliers for tarantulas and Liz was fascinated with the snakes. We had fun, she got to hold several creatures, including a five foot ball python. We even got to taste some chocolate covered larva and crickets. Honestly, all I tasted was the cholcolate. The cricket was crunchy. I would eat that again. We all had a good time.

More importantly, I got my main machine back from the repair shop where is was getting a check up, cleaning and servicing. While I was there, I picked up a new free motion foot, I like this one better, it is metal and c shaped, it gives me the right visibility and I am happy. The other one I have came highly reccommended, and is a large plastic foot with red markings on it. I found the distortion through the plastic and the red lines on it to be distracting. Just goes to show that what one person loves, another might not. I digress, I finished the pieceing of the Pretty Patties quilt, and have been trying all day to decide on border options. Of course none of the fabrics in the top are available now in yardage, so this is getting to be a challenge. When I offer this as a class I will suggest that the outer border be chosen first and the fat quarters chosen to support that. If I am having trouble making a choice, my customers will also.

No comments:

Post a Comment