Gallery

Friday, December 3, 2010

returning momentum

Art making is a funny thing. You can go for weeks without any inspiration strong enough to combat the tired at the end of the day, then up comes a deadline that forces you to get going and the ideas flow so fast you can't keep up with them. The Art Quilt Challenge for my guild is due this Wednesday and so I needed to really get going. In two days, the piece is conceived, quilted, collaged, and quilted some more. I want to add some hand work to it and get it mounted as per the challenge instructions today, because now that I am working on something that isn't for the Holiday, the plan for the Deep Spaces piece has sprung to life. Now to get it done too, that one is due is January. I don't yet know if I am allowed to post a photo of the Art Quilt Challenge piece, I will add one if and when I hear a positive answer, If I can't, you will just have to wait until the First Dutchess Heritage Quilt Show which will be Columbus Day Weekend, 2011.


** We had the big reveal last night, great work, take a look at this link http://wildwomanglamgirl.blogspot.com/
Just in case, here is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment