Gallery

Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Stamp

Over the weekend, I carved a beetle out of a white rubber eraser piece. I used an exacto knife and did it kind of quickly, with Halloween, it was a busy time but this is small and the general outline of a beetle is easy for me so I grabbed a minute or two and did it. I didn't get to try it out until last night, in my sketchbook. I got a design I wasn't expecting because the eraser had light imprints of the logo (I think) scattered over the flat surface of the eraser. It came out like dots on a ladybug!! Usually weird things that "Go Wrong" are problematic, but this worked out great. I don't know yet if the dots will show if I stamp on fabric, but they are great with a stamp pad on paper. Very cool. I wonder if I can use it on the header of this blog? I have wanted to put a few bugs in the grass near the dandelion, this one might be just right. I will spend some time trying to figure this out, watch for the new critter to appear!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment