Gallery

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

getting inspiration from others

Last Wednesday at guild,  Pat Pauly was our speaker.   I was familiar with her work and was excited to hear what she had to say,  and see some of her work up close.   She did not dissappoint,  with over 300 slides and a sharp wit, the discussion moved at a pretty quick clip.  Her sense of historical perspective on art quilts kept both the traditionalists and the art quilters equally interested.  The the quilts came out,  and although I thought I had known her work, I was totally enthralled by them in person.  The textures just don't read in reproduction,  and the scale didn't come through either. 

From her lecture and story,  I have taken great inspiration,  and since then have developed several new workshops for venues I have not taken advantage of before,  gotten much of the quilting done on Beautiful Valley,  and been totally recharged.   Imagine what could have happened if I had taken the workshop?  

No comments:

Post a Comment