Gallery

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Busy Hands and dirty fingers



Please don't misinterpret the title of this post, but I bet it got your attention! It has been a while since I last posted, but I have been sewing away. I finished a Quilt of Valor to give to my brother in law's college friend who came home from the front without part of a leg and an arm. Tragic. I also have been working on some samples for the shoppe, a hand pieced churn dash, that I am making up kits for. It was inspired by the antique top I have that will be in the Signs of their Times exhibits. I will be doing a free demo of how to go about it and they can then purchase the kit with full written instructions if they want to try it out at home. I have also been working on some thirties style butterflies to do something similar with, for when the exhibit covers that time period.


I totally missed the Quilting Arts Reader challenge deadline, not because the quilt wasn't done, but because of a computer issue that made getting the digital submission not possible. But I do like the quilt, and have a larger version on my design wall at home. The Inktense pencils worked just the way I wanted them to. The photo looks a bit washed out on my computer, but I do like the result, and will show you the larger one when I finish it.


Lastly, with the early Spring, I have been doing a bunch of gardening and yard work. I took down two tree that were too big for where they were, and moved a raised bed to a new sunnier spot, and my peas are about a foot tall now. I am so relieved that the cold snap the other night didn't kill them off. I guess they are known as snow peas for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment