Gallery

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

thoughts about the show.

The Show this weekend was really a good one. An art quilt won the Best in Show ribbon, and as it turns out the maker is new to the art form and lives only one town away from here. I did get myself some lovely hand dyes from the booth next to me, and a few toys to play with that I will tell you more about after I have had the time to play with them.

This was the first time the Guild made a CD of all the quilt images, so of course I bought one. Now I will be able to really look. When you are vending, getting a fair look at all the quilts can be tricky. The ones that catch my eye are much more likely for me to see, and the few that I can see clearly from the booth, but there is always a bunch of great stuff I miss when I vend.

I am feeling inspired, but tired. A new floor was put down in my classroom on Thursday, so not only do I have to finish the accounting and unpacking from the show, I have to get the classroom set up for a class tonight. My hubby is supposed to be coming in to help move stuff, I hope he hurries up and gets here.

Oh yes, I did have two quilt entries, they got only positive comments but no ribbons. I didn't expect any, and my apron entry was popular too.

No comments:

Post a Comment