Gallery

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Now for the Quilting




This morning, I finally got the wedding quilt for my sister basted. I laid out the back and batt yesterday, and by the time that had gotten done with that my back had begun to hurt so badly I had to stop. I am wearing a support belt today so I could get it done. Now to try and get the quilting going. Her shower is a week from this Sunday, no way it will be done for then. Have another idea anyway for that event. I also got the invitation to a good friends wedding the weekend before my sisters. That one is a second marriage for both of them, and her kids are the bridesmaids. They are not getting a bed quilt, but might get a photo transfer of the invitation quilted into a wall hanging. It all depends on how busy I get and how much the back trouble interferes. I could get them a waffle iron if I run out of time.


For my sisters quilt, I took the starfish and the seahorse that graced the invitation and used my computer to enlarge them so I can use them as quilting motifs. I will quilt in the ditch by machine and then do some fancy things by hand ( as long as I still have the time ) As usual, I have grand ideas of what I'd like to achieve with this project, but I warn all of you to not hold your breath. I may have to show it to her unfinished and promise to have it done when they get back from the honeymoon. I think I will also have to ask to borrow it back for the guild show. Especially if all the plans work out, it may be ribbon worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment