Gallery

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

lots to do.

The Art Challenge piece got a coat of viridain All purpose ink last evening. It ran into the stencils a bit more than I had expected, but the colors are good. I am now thinking some thread painting in some shiny threads within the designs themselves, and perhaps some more surface design. Getting the motif and then not looking at the photo anymore has allowed more to happen that I expected from this design. I want to work with a few more layers so the almost Asian feeling of the motif isn't so strong. I like the exotic association, but it is not where I am at, and I don't want that to confuse the issue. Now that I have a base motif to work with, I have found a small piece of lace trim that has the right kind of motif that I could do rubbings from, and two different rubber stamps that also have the right feel, one of which I had carved for another project. The piece is due one week from today, and in the meantime, my hubby will be away, I have to get the taxes done, and my daughter needs the PowerPoint for the backdrop of her solo ready for dress rehearsal on Tuesday. SO we will see just how far this piece goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment