Gallery

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

big night at guild

Tonight, at our guild meeting, Bonnie Hunter is the speaker. She is a scrap quilter and I am looking forward to her lecture. I have a vintage scrap quilt that resembles one of her designs so I will bring it along to share with her. Sharing inspiration is what guilds are all about - even sharing inspiration with the guest speaker. When I go out to lecture I love it when members share things that they know I will like.


It is also the reveal for the second Art Challenge. Got my piece mounted yesterday and It is pretty nice. Had planned to do a bunch of hand stitching on it, but I ran out of time. Of course, I had made the original piece way larger than the requirement, and it turned out that I had enough quilted to make two, so I will do the hand work on the second one.


It is also ( I told you it was busy ) the last trade off of the round robin. This time we get back our own center. I can't wait to see what they have done with what I sent around. Based on the other pieces that have come through mine will be a challenge. The strong color, the hand painted fabric, raw edge applique without fusible behind it, Should be interesting. Just in case you don't remember, here is the piece I sent around. I will post it again after I get it back for comparison. I am wondering if the sawtooth lady will put one here too. Of three pieces not our own that came around, she put a sawtooth on two of them. I really can't wait to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment