Gallery

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Productive Studio Day

I took yesterday as a studio day. With Presidents day and my daughter off from school, I was able to get to work on MY schedule. I got the new silkscreen taped, and developed a design that will work as a freezer paper stencil with it, and finished the latest quilt except for the edges.

The bottom is shaped, and so it will need a faced edging. It has improv piecing, and is quilted with the Deco Bob Thread, I like this thread alot, very thin so it can disappear, but with a little sheen so if you choose a contrast color it has a nice spark. Plus, I quilted the entire top with a single bobbin!! So nice to not have to stop and change out the bobbin so often. Once the quilting was done, I used padded raw edge applique to add the plankton, which had been hand stitched. I will post a photo when I get the finishing done. I have two curtain jobs to finish at work, so the quilt is relegated to evenings until I get to next weekend. Too bad because I got a good momentum going.

No comments:

Post a Comment