Gallery

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finished


So I actually did finish my daughter's quilt in time to get it on her bed for her birthday - put it on her bed while she was getting her teeth brushed for bedtime, but she was under it on her birthday. If I can get her to let me, I'll borrow it back and take a photo. In the meantime it has snowed lots more, and I couldn't get out my driveway yesterday to get to the Shoppe - but when I got here today there were no footprints so I would not have had any customers anyway. So what did I do to cure the terrible jitters I got waiting for the plows? I finished another quilt. ( that makes two totally done this year already ) This one is smaller, about 18 x 24 inches, but it had been sitting on my design wall taunting me in a half finished state for over a month.
Lilly of the Valley. .
The semi string pieced blocks are embellished with decorative machine embroidery, the Lilly is drawn on muslin with water soluble pastel and pencil and hand embroidered, then raw edge appliqued in place by machine. It is a little bit brighter than the image shows, but I am happy with it. It feels very Spring, and that is a wonderful and hopeful way to feel with all the snow around. My usual February craving for good bright colors is right on cue. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment