Gallery

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Round Robin

I have not yet gotten the borders on my sisters quilt. I have chosen a stripe for the outer border that needs to be fussy cut and the long tables in my classroom have been busy and unavailable for some time now.

I did however get the center square for the Guild Round Robin done, its 18" finished with a background fabric I painted years ago that has been waiting for the right project. The applique shapes are from the book, Fusible Magic by Nancy Johnson Srebro. The lavender ones show better on the piece in person, but I am fairly happy with it.
I am always telling my students that they should join challenges, and things like round robins to stretch their skills, and when my guild announced this one I had to put my money where my mouth is. The hardest part for me was that I kept having good ideas for the project, that I was then afraid that no one but me would want to work on it. - That spells disaster for a round robin! So I decided to use some of the units from the Fusible Magic Book. I am nearly done the sample top for a Block of the Month at my store using that book, and it has been really fun. For the round robin, it gives the person to get it next a place to go to if they get stuck. We are also allowed to include some fabric so I am sending along some hand painted pieces that I like with this. I used fusible applique that is stitched down by machine with raw edges. I'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment