Gallery

Friday, October 22, 2010

Quilt Sold!!

OK, so it doesn't happen very often yet, so I still feel like celebrating when one of my pieces sells. This one was a scrap quilt I made as a class sample years ago, North wind Block, Scrappy, set in an asymmetrical barn raising, with a discharged fabric on the back. Just a lap size, but warm and cuddly, and looks great on the wall too. The purchaser is taking it to Switzerland as a gift for her mother. She took a photograph of me holding it so she could show her Mom - who is a beginning quilter. Made my day yesterday. It is amazing how much that kind of validation can do for a person. I was a little annoyed at my hubby, I was so happy, and he didn't exactly jump for joy for me. He does sell his artwork for a living, and is also on a very tight deadline right now, but still. So I am sharing my good news with you my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment