Gallery

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Round Robin Update

Last night was the guild meeting at which we got to find out who else was in our group for the round robin, and pass the center blocks to the next person. The variety of centers I saw were a diverse collection, and there was quite a bit of wondering what to do with THIS!!? Anyway, I passed on my piece and received the center I was to work on, and it is beautifully pieced, an 8 point star, in soft gold and green Asian style prints- and she put lots of fabric in the box too. However, I am really glad I read her "Getting to know you" Changed the whole thought of what to do with my round on her quilt. Under the Favorite block category she wrote No Art Quilts. I am curious what she will do when she gets my center.

Also last evening the Art Quilt Special Interest Group put out their first of (I think) four challenges, they gave us a photo of sunflowers and the challenge is to interpret a part of it in a 8 x 10 horizontal format quilt. That seems much less of a challenge to me than the round robin. Either way, it feels good to have some freedom with these projects, instead of constantly making samples for the store. We have until the December meeting for both projects. Ill keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment